Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Stampin Studio in Salt Lake City

Each year when I travel to Convention in Salt Lake City I stay at the Hilton Hotel. The Hilton is across the street from the Salt Palace which is where Convention is held and I because I stay there each year the hotel is very familiar. Since I usually travel alone it is important that I stay somewhere close  and am comfortable on my own. The Hilton has very comfortable rooms and the room service is wonderful!

Here is a photo of the hotel from the Salt Palace....
This year I upgraded my room so that I would have more room and so I could be in the front of the building. It was wonderful because I was on the 16th floor and could see the whole city from my room. And, because I had more room I was able to set up a stamping area so that in the evenings I could go back to my room a 
let out some of the creative energy I acquired during the day at convention.

So, here are some cards that I made for those who helped me make my swaps for convention. These are 4x4 thank you cards. The first one is made using the Just Believe (#120453) stamp set which I received for attending convention. the colors are Baja Breeze and Early Espresso.

The next card is made using only colors from the new Neutrals color family. Who knew you could make such a beautiful card using only Crumb Cake and black cardstock. The stamp set used is the Ala Carte So Many Thanks (#120173) which is another stamp I received for attending convention. I also used the Itty Bitty Punches and the new 1/8 Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon.

The last card is made using the Artistic Etchings (#120573) and Occasional Quotes (Hostess Level 3). The colors are Very Vanilla, Black, and my new favorite Cherry Cobbler.

These three cards fit in a standard envelope. It's always fun to make cards in different sizes than those that we are so used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment