Saturday, July 16, 2011

3-D Convention Swap


This is a Vintage Barrette that I made as my 3-D swap for Convention. Isn't it lovely? I was so please with how it turned out and it is so simple to make!




For each barrette I punch out 4 scallop circles from Whisper White Cardstock and poked a hole through the center of each one. I made some very strong tea and placed this in a spray bottle with which I sprayed each of the scallops and scrunched them up. The tea made the paper look aged and was the perfect color.












Next I open each one, sprayed it with alcohol mixed with Shimmer Paint, and scrunched it up again.







I again opened these and place each one onto a Vintage Brad.









Working while the cardstock was still damp I scrunched up the flower pushing it all towards the center. Then I carefully pulled these back open to make it look like a blooming flower.



The flower was attached to some little clip barrettes that I purchased from a local store.




Once the flower is completely dry I placed a Glue Dot on the back and then put a small dot of Crystal Effects  onto the barrette to attach the flower. The Glue Dot simply held it in place until the Crystal Effects hardened. Once it was completely dry it was ready to go! 









Card stock: Whisper White
Other Supplies: Scallop Circle Punch, Vintage Brads, Shimmer Paint, Glue dots, Crystal Effects, barrettes




Convention Special!



I'm offering a special this week for anyone who places an Online order with me. TOMORROW (SUNDAY) IS THE LAST DAY FOR THIS OFFER! If you do you will be placed in a drawing and eligible to when everything above which includes the Swirls & Curls Verses clear Stamp Set, 10 6x 6 sheets of Sew Suite Designer Series Paper, 2 1/2 feet Melon Mamba Pom Pom Trim, and 10 Designer Buttons to match! any size order will qualify so why not get your favorite stamp set from the new Idea Book & Catalog now!

No comments:

Post a Comment