Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vintage Convetion Swap


This is my creation for the Vintage Swap I am participating in at Convention with Martha Lucia Gomez. The background technique is called Faux Patina and it is basically several layers of sponged ink over the Vintage Wallpaper Embossed Very Vanilla Cardstock. Then I light rubbed Versamark over the cardstock and sprinkled Gold Embossing Powder over it and heat embossed it. This created an aged metal look which is perfect for a vintage card! I used the En Francais for the smaller background in Crumb Cake and used the Artistic Etchings stamp set as my focal point. I thread Linen Thread through the Crochet Trim to create the gathered look and finished the card off with an Antique Brad and Basic Pearl!


Stamps: En Francais, Artistic Etchings
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
Other Supplies: Big Shot Machine, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Cutter Kit, Crochet Trim, Vintage Brads, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

Convention Special!



I'm offering a special this week for anyone who places an Online order with me. If you do you will be placed in a drawing and eligible to when everything above which includes the Swirls & Curls Verses clear Stamp Set, 10 6x 6 sheets of Sew Suite Designer Series Paper, 2 1/2 feet Melon Mamba Pom Pom Trim, and 10 Designer Buttons to match! any size order will qualify so why not get your favorite stamp set from the new Idea Book & Catalog now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card Sasha! You swapped with my friend at convention and I'm in need of a technique for my advanced group tonight and this will work perfectly! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete